Created in 2014, Excelya is a people-centered Contract Research Organization (CRO) that excels with care.
We offer a personal and authentic experience within a young, ambitious health company on the path to becoming the clinical research leader in Europe thanks to our 800 Excelyates. Our unique one-stop provider service model – leveraging full-service, functional service provider and consulting – allows our Excelyates to evolve through a diverse array of projects. In collaboration with preeminent experts, Excelya advances scientific, managerial and human knowledge to improve the patient journey.
For our team members, excelling with care means benefitting from a stimulating professional environment that encourages personal, intellectual, and operational participation so that together we can be the best in our field. We commit to giving each Excelyate the means to express their natural talents, develop their full potential and invest their unique selves in our unique project.
To learn more about us, visit www.excelya.com
• Establishment, in partnership with the HR department, of a mapping of skills and business benchmarks; ensure its adoption, implementation and maintenance
• Construction of career paths in partnership with the various departments
• Analysis, implementation and monitoring of compensation comparisons (salary benchmarks)
• Establishment and maintenance of HR process mapping
• Analysis of existing HR processes (various entities acquired) in the group and harmonization of these processes
• Formalization of HR processes and procedures in collaboration with the HR Department, ensure the adoption and implementation
• Construction of HR indicators and Dashboards in the systems
• Manage HRMS Rollout in conjunction with the selected service providers
• Support and training of users
• Analysis / feedback of anomalies and requests for changes
• Manage relationship with external provider (third-Party maintenance)
• Solution administration such as referential, reporting, configuration…
• University degree or Higher HR School
• At least 4-8 years’ experience in implementing and maintaining ERP solutions, especially Oracle Cloud HCM modules (Core, Talent, Learning, Recruiting)
• Successful experience as HR Manager with ideally 10 years in High-tech / Healthcare industry, in a fast-growing environment
• English bilingual to be able to communicate with international stakeholders
• Excellent communication, writing skills, sense of service and teamwork, pragmatism, creativity & innovation